
To celebrate the end of a quick 2 week summer vacation together, David and I stopped by Kona Grill. Discovering the great happy hour specials we decided to order some spicy tuna rolls. We aren't the "trendy" eaters so we haven't ever experienced the taste of raw fish. My immediate reaction was to spit it out, however it was quite crowded in the restaurant so I swallowed. I discovered it to be quite good, but I don't think I'll become a regular. I'm the one who cooks her meat bone dry and still picks at it to see if there's any pink. If raw fish became part of my diet I'm just not sure what would happen.
I'm impressed. When we were in Hawaii our friends ate Sushi at every restaurant. I couldn't bring myself to even try theirs!
ReplyDeleteI don't blame you. I only ate one, even though I liked the taste. I just kept thinking what it really was and that was it for me.
ReplyDeleteTuna rolls are great...you should try eel sometime. It's actually not raw, but man, is it ever good.
ReplyDeleteHow dare you talk about sushi like that :) Raw fish is untouchable, try sashimi. It's the fish without anything else. Just add soy sauce. Although, I didn't even eat fish in the Nebraska, I eat all kinds now. Maybe location is the key. Two nights ago my friend made me traditional Japanese cold noodles with cucumber, egg, and ham! It was healthy and delicious.
ReplyDeleteAfter you get used to sushi and sashimi, come to Japan and try some basashi(raw horse meat...mmmm, yummy!)