I've always felt this way for many reasons. Sleep has always won over late-night studying, another person's blood doesn't excite me, and large amounts of stress make my eye twitch. However, another reason has come to my attention. Humiliation.
Rumor has it there's a doctor out there who keeps McDonald's applications in his office. If you don't meet his expectations, he finds it very satisfying to suggest that your skills be put to use elsewhere. If that was said to me, I'd be out of that office, with tears streaming down my face and on my way to say goodbye to med school forever.
Thankfully, the doctor Dave's currently placed with is not like that. We aren't expecting the real "beating" to begin until next spring when he undertakes the surgery rotation. Apparently with the surgeons you can't even walk into the resident's lounge without being invited in. With all the attitudes doctors can acquire, it makes me wonder what med school really does to a person.
Hi Kelly!!
ReplyDeleteI stumbled across your blog after viewing Heather's!! I just wanted to say hi and let you know we have a family blog too! Check in every once and awhile and say hi! http://www.shanlefamily.blogspot.com/ I'd love to hear from you. "Davey" is getting so big already!!
Sarah Shanle
hopefully david will be one of those odd doctors that still have humility when they have reached the stars.....
ReplyDelete