Several months ago, Davey's sock drawer added these:
We also found the one corner in our bathroom for this:
And yet, Davey was just not interested. (Which is probably true for most of you, as David assures me, but sometimes you have to write about what's on your mind to allow room for other ideas.)
As Portia Mae entered our lives I found it easier to put Davey in Luvs rather than drag him to the bathroom every hour. But then I began to panic because Davey was quickly approaching age three. I was already embarrassed that he wasn't potty trained by two and three would have been horrific in my mind. So as I faced the confronting question of prayer I was humbled to realize that indeed I had not prayed about it.
That day at lunch, Davey and I prayed for him (in exact words) "to go poopy on the toilet". Sparing you the details, less than 30 minutes later he did exactly that, completely on his own. From that moment on, he has been potty trained. At first I was hesitant to believe it, but now over a week later he hasn't had an accident and even survived a marathon errand running day. One filled with locked bathrooms and out of order signs.
Only by God's grace was Davey so quick to change his behavior. Through a small part of our daily lives I'm reminded of how much God cares for us. We continue to wait for direction in our future and whether or not that answer comes quickly I must ask myself daily, have I prayed about it?
Can I have an Amen. What a convicting reminder. Thanks, Kelly.
ReplyDeleteThanks for this Kelly. :) Thanks too for the pic of David and Portia. :) Your kids are absolutely BEAUTIFUL. :)
ReplyDeleteThe picture of David and Portia melts my heart...... :O)
ReplyDelete