Monday, January 23, 2012

Wintertime


One of Davey's favorite movies to watch repeatedly is A Charlie Brown Christmas.  I guess his exposure to this film led him to eat snowflakes.  Last week as we survived Seattle's winter wallup, Davey ate more snow than I thought possible.  We even bribed him with ice cream to get him to stop eating it.  As much as Davey loves snow, I'm grateful it's finally gone.  The kids and I didn't drive anywhere for five days.  We barely got the van out of our parking incline last Friday.  Thankfully today we are back to forty degree weather and...SUNNY!


Davey, Portia, and I took full advantage of this opportunity and walked down to Lake Union.  We spent the morning looking at boats, 


throwing rocks into the water, and


stopping to put our feet up at the nearby Starbucks.  Definitely my kind of winter morning! 

Hope you all are staying warm!

1 comment:

  1. :O) What fun. Wonder if David Benjamin remembers throwing rocks into the lake as a young boy....

    ReplyDelete